k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ethical question

I have two sweaters that were given to my in a previous lifetime (read here: ex-husband). They are both very nice, hand-spun and hand knit from Equador. They were gifts from the ex's sister and BIL. The yarn is a bulky weight, kind of like Lopi.

They don't fit anyone in the house. Here is my dilemma.

Should I:
A: Give them away
B: Put them up for sale on E-Bay
C: Rip them apart and use the yarn for something else entirely?

BTW: If I could have kept the in-laws and just gotten rid of the ex, I would have done so in a heartbeat.

7 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

You should donate them to the Dulaan project. That's where a few of my older handknit items are going.
Or you could felt them and then make them into cool bags!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say either felt them into a bag or rip them for yarn. I am a bag-a-holic so I say make a bag. ~Miss M

9:50 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Rip em! I faced the same dilemman several months back with a sweater and decided to rip and re-use. Now I have several items I actually use, instead of a guilt sweater neglected at the bottom of a drawer.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

You could rip it out and knit them into a cool felted rug. Or as katy said, felt them into a bag. I did and it turned out awesome!

4:49 PM  
Blogger lkmanitou said...

Frog that handspun :)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Lotta said...

I would definitely rip them! Especially if they were gifts from the in-laws that you seem to think were quite nice. :) Two sweaters would give you a whole bunch of very nice yarn, perfect for felting projects that were already suggested!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I'd rip them too!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home