k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Does anybody really know what time it is?

For the first time in over 30 years, Indiana is observing daylight savings time. Yuck. For me, this means one less hour of sleep per night, and one less hour of knitting time in the evenings (because, of course, you're supposed to be spending that extra hour of daylight OUTSIDE).

Stress has reached an all time high: I ripped out the Eris collar. After re-counting the stitches originally picked up, I was 20 stitches short of what the pattern called for. CRAP! I won't be working on that for a while. I'm going to try to enlarge the Rogue so I can wear it. I may use the Eris yarn for that.

Saw another knitter friend of mine who was pushing, er, um, giving away spools of silk for people to try to either knit with or use for tablet weaving. Two strands held together on #00000 needles. Yes, that is FIVE 0s in a row. She has knit some spectacular things with it, but then again, she's not married and has no children.

My secret pal has not revealed herself to me yet. Maybe there is a final package in the mail. Don't know, but I hope it didn't come yesterday while we were gone. Someone took out our mail box. That is like the 4th one in as many years. I'm ready to surround it in brick and concrete. We luckily recovered one piece of mail.

Time to go see what else I can rip out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Ugh! Bummer about the Eris collar. (And the mailbox.) You deserve to have a major knitting success soon!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Beth! Sorry for the delay in mailing the last package. We moved to new offices a week ago and things ahve been crazy, and I've had the box sitting here in my office for a week now, waiting to go to teh post office. Our old offices where right next to the P.O., and the new one isn't. Sorry sorry sorry!!!! I'll try and get over there tomorrow.

Best,
Your Secret Pal

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Hope your mailbox is back in working order soon!

S.P.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home