k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Pal 8 questionaire

Woo Hoo!!! I signed up again! I had so much fun the last time being spoiled, and right now I need it.

Here are your SP8 questions and answers.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love to knit with wool, cotton, and linen. The natural fiber blends are good too (wool/silk, cotton/linen, etc.). I’m not fond of acrylic, but it does have it’s purpose in life, especially when you have kids.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Currently, they are all over the place: in baskets, in cases, in vases, in yarn…. You mean I’m supposed to keep them together?

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit when I was 7, but have been knitting pretty steadily for the past 25 (holy crap) years. I’m advanced with cables, intermediate with color, and a beginner with lace.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but I can probably put one together really quick.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love vanilla and patchouli.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
What knitter doesn’t? Milk chocolate and caramel top the list.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am a beginner spinner, but I do enjoy it. I also sew, do scrapbooking, and am active in historic re-enactment (specifically medieval).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, my computer does play mp3s. I like about anything except rap. I especially like The Chieftains, Ashley MacIssac, and show-tunes that I can sing to.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is yellow. I like brilliant jewel-tones, especially blues and purples. I like true red. I’m not real fond of orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married, with a 5 1/5 year old son who will start kindergarten in the fall. We have a beta fish named Michael. I’d love to have a cat and an angora rabbit, but DH says NO!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to everything but ponchos. Friends don’t let friends wear ponchos. I will wear a shawl.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Currently socks, especially with the self-striping yarns, though, I have to be careful to make sure I’ll have enough yarn for my big feet.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A scarf, and about 3 pairs of socks. I started the Eris sweater, but had to rip it out because of miscounted stitches.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
You bet! Handmade to me means that the person took the time to think about the gift and the person involved.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the application. I’ve got a few of all of them.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, but they are hand-me-downs from my mom. I’d really love a new one of each.

17. How did you learn to knit?
My maternal grandmother taught me at 7, Mom gave me the refresher in high school.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Don’t ask. Probably about 10 years. It’s on small needles.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Beltane.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Dust bunnies? I used to collect carousel horses, but I don’t have the room anymore, so they are in storage. I do have an Italian charm bracelet that I love.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I can’t think of any books right now. I don’t have any subscriptions, but I’d love to have one to “Piecework.” My mom gets a bunch of knitting 'zines, so I usually raid her stash.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
The follow-through to finish projects.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
See number 12. I wear a size 12 narrow shoe.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November 30. Anniversary is September 26.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home