k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I must be mental.

In the past 3 days, I've ripped out two WIPs. The Gunnister sock, and the body of the Eris (no, I did not rip out the collar, I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid).

My husband does not understand that my knitting is my meditation, my sancutary. I need to be able to knit in order to function in the everyday world of work, family, and what-have-you. When I'm stressed, I get hyper-critical of my work, and tend to start ripping. Luckily my Elenora stocking is in hiding, or it might be next.

SP7 is coming to an end, and I had hoped that I would be able to get another box out to my pal. I don't think she needs any more stitch markers, as I sent her about 10 that I had made. I even gave her a bit of my angora stash. I still may try and send her something even after SP7 "officially" ends Friday.

DS is going to spend a couple of days with my mom, so I need to get going. This ought to be interesting. He's never stayed with her, and she's not used to a 5 year old. I see a battle of the wills on the horizon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lotta said...

I'm glad to find somebody else, who feels the same way about knitting: it's my sanctuary, it's what keeps me sane through all the hurdles of life. Well, I'm sure there's many more of us, but seeing it written made me think: You said it, sister! I can stay perfectly calm through any whining, crying, fighting and other battles, as long as I'm knitting. :)

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home