k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Thursday, January 26, 2006

T-Shirts I want to see...

Or bumper stickers. Either would be good.

Mommy drinks because I whine. (In honor of my 5 year old)

I reject your reality and substitute my own. (Go Adam! Mythbusters)

There is no such thing as "too much yarn."

Don't knit and drive.

Will work for yarn.

This week has been crazy. Not 5 minutes after I walked in the door from my weekend with the girls, Sean starts going nuts. Yeah, he missed me, but damn, does he have to start acting like a ferret on a double expresso? And hubby is slumped in his chair, looking like "oh, I had such a rough weekend by myself." Not. My SIL was at the house all weekend, so hubby didn't really have to do a whole lot, other than make sure Sean got to bed at a reasonable time, and not eat too much sugar. He was also nursing another one of his sinus migraines, which no doctor believes he has. The last doctor he saw about them tried to blame all of his troubles on his weight. Sorry, I don't buy that, and neither did he.

On the knitting front, I'm working on a pair of little jester booties from Zoe Mueller's Double Knits for Kids. They are so cute, and easy to make. They are for the daughter of my boss, who is having her 3rd boy in about a week. Moms always get screwed on kid #3 as far as new stuff goes, especially if it's the same sex as the other ones.

I've also signed up for Stephanie's Knitting Olympics. I'll be doing the Mamluke socks from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks. I may try to do them toe up, and on 4 needles, as that is the actual way the original ones are made. I'm also still slogging along on Eris and the other 3 or 4 pairs of socks I keep around. There are times I wish I was a tiny person. I could finish sweaters in a flash. I'm knitting Eris in the largest size, and it takes forever to do one row. I'm doing the cardigan, so it's not all in the round either. I really want to make another Rogue for myself, but will have to enlarge the pattern for my zaftig frame.

I've got to get my butt in gear for SP7. My pal will think I've forgotten her! I've got something to send off, so while I'm thinking about it........

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Don't knit and drive? Can I knit at stoplights? lol.

The doctor tried to blame a sinus migraine on his weight? WTH? That's insane.

Those Mamluke socks look cute. My ugliest sock colorway ever was originally supposed to be that pattern.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home