k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Wake me when it's over

There are times when I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there. Usually the feeling hits about mid-November, and lasts through at least St. Patrick's Day. I must have been a bear in a former life. The urge to hibernate is strong.

There are 4 shopping days until Christmas, and I haven't a) finished shopping, b) bought groceries, or c) cleaned house. We are expecting 16 people to be in and out of the house that day. We have a small house. We are big people. See a problem here?

So, we have decided on an "open house" format. A buffet for food, no set come and go times, and no dressing up. SIL is here helping, doing all of the Christmas baking, and pretty much taking over the kitchen.

I have finished 2 scarves to be used as "Gee, we weren't expecting you, but have a present" type of gifts. I'm seeing the light at the end of the Adamas tunnel. I figured out part of my problem: stitch markers. They were throwing me off. That, and trying to pay attention to the knitting and trying to keep the kid from tearing up the house just doesn't work. I also went up a needle size. I tend to knit firm.

I did get signed up for Secret Pal 7. I'm really jazzed about being matched up with someone. It makes you feel special to get something in the mail besides bills.

If I don't get back to this before Sunday, have a Happy Chrismahanukwanzaadan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home