k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

O My Freakin' God

You would think that I, having knit since I was 7, could do a simple little lace pattern. EEHH, wrong answer, thanks for playing. I have started that *&*(^$#%&* Adamas shawl pattern about 5 different times. I actually got the thing knit to the end of the ball, but then realized I hadn’t left enough to do the edge chart or bind off. RRRRRRIIIPPPPPP! So, I started it again. And again. And again. And again. I have now resorted to typing out the entire upper chart so I can actually read what the symbols mean. My husband thinks I’m strange, and the pattern now looks like computer code. Then he went off on some tangent about creating a binary program that would convert into knitting stitches and seeing what we got. GEEK.

Am I missing something, or am I just so thick that I can’t figure out stinkin’ yarn overs and k2togs?????? My next step is to actually have someone read it to me while I knit. I’ve done that before, but with Arans, not with lace. And of course I can't drink while I'm knitting this, or I might as well just wrap the entire hank around my neck and wear it like a noose. Of course, if I drink enough, I won't care how the thing looks.

With that being said, the Eris has made no progress, and I have just started the heel flap on my latest pair of Fortissima Colori sock. My toe-up SCA stocking is to just up to the bottom of my calf. Damn, I wish my legs weren’t so freakin’ long. It takes for-ev-er to knit a pair of stockings. And the Elenora of Toledo stocking is putzing along slowly. You would too on size 0 needles. And that isn’t even to the original gauge.

It must be PMS. And the day before my birthday no less. Arrgh.

Hey, check out Celtic Knitter's new blog. Cool stuff. And BTW: I've got all of the Bain books on celtic knotwork, plus a book (or 5) of line drawings by someone long out of the SCA of really cool knotwork that I've been trying to figure out how to convert to patterns. If I can't cable them, maybe I'll try intarsia.

And check out my Frappr map and add your pushpin. I like to know where my stalkers are from.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmell said...

HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! noone ever has a birthday on the same day as me!!! we'er special!!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger City Wiccan said...

Hey, thanks so much for mentioning my blog! It would be interesting to see those books.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great to hear from you and know that I have a designated reader!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Best of luck with Adamas! If it's any question of what the pattern is supposed to say, please e-mail me. I don't think knitpicks is offering pattern support, and as the designer of said pattern, I really feel support should be offered. And if/when you finish, I'd LOVE to see a pic! :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home