k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

I've been SO looking forward to this. I have no life right now.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I love being able to knit with natural fibers, but realize that having washable sweaters and things is not a bad idea.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin a little on a drop spindle, and recently bought a charka wheel. I do crochet, but only under duress.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a box next to my knitting spot that I just tend to throw needles in. I also have a crock on my sewing table that holds some.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit when I was 7. I figure that I'm probably pretty advanced in some areas, but haven't tried other things. I'm not much for intarsia knitting. I like cables better.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
What knitter doesn't? My favorite is chocolate covered caramels.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I scrapbook, do some rubber stamping, and I sew...a lot. We do medieval reenactment.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'll listen to about anything, except rap. I love Celtic, both traditional and modern (like Ashley MacIssac and Flogging Molly).

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love yellow, green, blue, true red (more bluish, not orange), and I love jewel tones. I do not like pink.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married with a 5 year old. We do not have any pets.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to everything except ponchos. They make me look like a barge.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I like wool, especially soft ones. Cottons are nice too. I've knit with angora, but it made my nose itch.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
metallics

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks made with the self striping yarn.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
So far I've pretty much liked everything.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Which one? 4 pairs of socks and the Eris sweater.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
You bet.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the application.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I've used them all. Again, depends on the application.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do, but both are hand-me-downs from my mom, so they are old. And, I can't find them right now!

22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Let's see, at least 10 years. It's a pair of stockings for the medieval reenactment, knit on size 0, and I've got huge legs.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Bugs Bunny, Tinkerbell, horses.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween (Samhain)

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides dust bunnies? Not anymore.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any. Mom gets them all, so I just raid her stash.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I'll have to think about that one.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn to throw my yarn with my left hand, so I could learn to do two color stuff.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am a sock knitter. I wear a women's size 12 narrow shoe.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
30 November

Let the games begin!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Hey, if we ever meet up at an event I will show you how to do #29. :)

We always spend 3 days at Jubaliee but we are talking of also going to Simple Day too! We haven't been to that event in years.

7:52 AM  
Blogger laurie in maine said...

RE/ # 12 "FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS WEAR PONCHOS!" ;)
Go Team DPN!! Reading the blog links.

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home