k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Collar down, a bazillion stitches to go


Well, here is the Eris collar, just after I finished it last night. Woof! This is the Caron acrylic. It's not knitting up too bad, but I had to use size 5s to get the gauge. Some of the cable twists were a bit tight, but I made it. This is for the size I (as in "I-yi-yi, that's freakin' HUGE!!!)

Anyone else find it weird to pick up the second half of the collar the way it written? I've never seen that before. I'm not particularly fond of seeing the seam. I'm almost thinking that I would have rather done a waste-yarn cast on so I could just graft the two together. Next time......

I am having to get creative about picking up stitches around the collar. Some places I have enough stitches, some places I don't.

And yes, I did twist one of the cables the wrong direction, and no, I did not go back and re-do it. If you can find it, more power to you, but I'm still not ripping it back.

In other news, the job still sucks, though I did give my notice. The head of the operation wants me to stay on part time and do office work, which I'm ok with, just as long as I don't have to read the same thing over and over again: When you die, leave us your money. It won't be a lot of money, but I've never done a job for the money. Hubby is a bit miffed, but oh well. As it is, maybe I can be home in the afternoons to actually cook a healthy dinner instead of us going out to eat and slowly gaining weight. I don't see how other working families do it. The time management fairy has never lived here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Picking up the stitches along the neck took me FOREVER. No kidding. And those last rows before you divide for the sleeves are pure torture! But your collar looks great. ;)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Beth, thanks for visitin my blog. I love your page design. I like antique looking things anyway. And great job on the color. I am NOT fond of unattached colors. They have to be attached very precisely, but you look like you have it down...happy knittin and spinnin

6:58 PM  
Blogger City Wiccan said...

Wow. . . what an amazing design. I hate when I twist a cable the wrong way too!! I always rip it apart because I know its going to drive me insane.

Sorry to hear about your job. I also had a job that was driving me insane. I quit and I went back to school. So far, I'm thinking it was a very wise decision.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home