k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sockapalooza Goodness

At last! Photos! Here are my Sockapalooza 4 socks for my pal. Pattern is Latvian Socks from "Folk Socks" by Nancy Bush. Yarn is a double strand of handspun (not by me!) knit on size 3 dpn. The dye-job is mine, using the food coloring technique on Knitty's website. I call the color "sour apple" as it reminded me of lemon drops and apple Jolly Ranchers. I started these with one strand on size 0 dpn, but they were going to be too narrow. They are going out on Monday, with the blessing of my pal. She's been really fun to correspond with.





And.....here are my socks from my Sockapalooza 4 pal: Lynda. They are so nice, fit well, and I love the cables! The pattern is called Penllyn (?) and is done in Claudia's handpainted (not sure of the colorway, the note is upstairs). Oh, and yes, the feet look enormously long, but I've got big feet.

V is (finally) at Pennsic, and Sean starts school on Tuesday (if I let him live). Thank FSM that I have alcohol in the house, because I so need it. V threw his back out about a month ago, and has been having lots of trouble. X-rays show the beginnings of arthritis in his C-7/T1 area. Not fun. This meant that I ended up helping him haul boxes out of the basement. It also meant that my knees are not on speaking terms with me except for the occasional stabbing pain. Grrrr.

OK, beastie-boy is starting to gnaw his arm off. Time to feed him before he eats everything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Those look awesome

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home