k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sockapalooza Update

I have gotten some yarn skeined off so that I can try my hand at hand-dying. Since my swift is MIA, I used my next best option: my Beka 4.5 yard warping board. 120 wraps has given me enough for a pair of socks plus. The only kink was when I had to separate the whole mess so make sure nothing was sticking to anything. My arms aren't THAT long.

Next step: Food color dying as seen in this issue of Knitty.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Happy Mother's Day Beth!

(from Sharon from the Oct. 2000 playgroup)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks Sharon!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I was reading through your posts and saw you niece is going to BSU (am I right?) next fall. There is a little bookstore that sells yarn (that's not far from campus) and I know they have a knitting/crochet group on campus. Oh, come see my new blog.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hey Amy! Yes, Leigh is going to BSU in the fall. What is the name of the bookstore and where is it? My mom hasn't said anything about it (maybe she doesn't know! And for my mom, that doesn't happen very often!).

I'll have to let both of them know. Thanks!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's called Danner's Bookstore and it's on Wheeling near the Fairground's Wheeling entrance. It's nice (but not a big selection though) and closest thing to a lys in Muncie.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

For my wheelie, I'm using fixations in a denim print that I had from a Secret Pal gift. I know what you mean by enlarging the pattern. I need to get working on that.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Come by my blog and I've posted a bit about wheelie.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Bouser's Barn is located on 32 - right outside of town on the West side - between the store and lock and Wasson's Nursery.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home