k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Confessional time

Bless me knitters, I have sinned.

I have purchased acrylic yarn to do a "trial" run for Eris.

And not just any acrylic. Two, huge, hulking Caron "One Pound" skeins. Color is soft sage. Paid less than $5.00 per skein at Michael's.

I know, I know. What was I thinking? I was thinking that I really want to get started on this thing, and I didn't want to wait on yarn to arrive from KnitPicks or drive down to my LYS with my son in tow. The son that will be 5 years old in 4 days. If he lives that long.

I was also thinking that I really want this sweater in more than one color, and being able to have one in a "crap" yarn that I can shlub around in and wash it without thinking about it would be a Good Thing (tm). My mom has an old sweater that she knit out of Red Heart eons ago, and she still wears it. I have my dad's old Aran sweater she knit from Red Heart just as many eons ago, and it still looks good. OK, maybe a bit pilly aound the underarms, but still wearable.

I did at least make myself finish one project before I even take the yarn out the bag. The lap throw I was making from the Lion Brand Chenille is done, all but weaving in the ends. I cuddled down under it this afternoon and dozed while Sean was watching Veggie Tales. Ummm, warm.

So, am I asking for absolution? Not really. Penence? Only if it includes knitting. My penence tomorrow is Sean's birthday party. Shudder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Podcasting 101
Owners of iPods with video soon will be able to watch such TV shows as "Desperate Housewives" on ... Simply put, a podcast is an audio broadcast that can be downloaded and put onto a computer or (more often) an MP3 player such as an iPod.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Eek--time to turn on the word verification in your blogger account!
(I'm just waiting for my haloscan acct to be hit by spammers. Jerks.)(Oops--just got down to the word verification part of the comment--you are way ahead of me!)
ANYWAY--I think your sin is atoneable (is that a word? lol). Washable sweaters are good, and most of can't afford to pay $50 to $100 (or more!) for nice wool every time we knit a sweater.
My Eris is about 1/3 (or maybe 1/2???) done--post pics once you get started!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home