k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Confessional time

Bless me knitters, I have sinned.

I have purchased acrylic yarn to do a "trial" run for Eris.

And not just any acrylic. Two, huge, hulking Caron "One Pound" skeins. Color is soft sage. Paid less than $5.00 per skein at Michael's.

I know, I know. What was I thinking? I was thinking that I really want to get started on this thing, and I didn't want to wait on yarn to arrive from KnitPicks or drive down to my LYS with my son in tow. The son that will be 5 years old in 4 days. If he lives that long.

I was also thinking that I really want this sweater in more than one color, and being able to have one in a "crap" yarn that I can shlub around in and wash it without thinking about it would be a Good Thing (tm). My mom has an old sweater that she knit out of Red Heart eons ago, and she still wears it. I have my dad's old Aran sweater she knit from Red Heart just as many eons ago, and it still looks good. OK, maybe a bit pilly aound the underarms, but still wearable.

I did at least make myself finish one project before I even take the yarn out the bag. The lap throw I was making from the Lion Brand Chenille is done, all but weaving in the ends. I cuddled down under it this afternoon and dozed while Sean was watching Veggie Tales. Ummm, warm.

So, am I asking for absolution? Not really. Penence? Only if it includes knitting. My penence tomorrow is Sean's birthday party. Shudder.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Podcasting 101
Owners of iPods with video soon will be able to watch such TV shows as "Desperate Housewives" on ... Simply put, a podcast is an audio broadcast that can be downloaded and put onto a computer or (more often) an MP3 player such as an iPod.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Would Jesus Blog?
What would Jesus blog? That and other pressing questions drew 135 Christians to Southern California this weekend for a national conference billed as the first-ever for "God bloggers," a growing community of ...
Hi you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far for Online loans - apply for loans online related. Keep up the good job! I found a similar Online loans - apply for loans online related website yesterday, check it out. Looks like the
Online loans - apply for loans online related site does not have a blog yet, so check them out at their company site.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teacher quits after blog probe opens
A Mansfield school district investigation found that a former Martha Reid Elementary School teacher used her class computer to access her personal Web log, which contained sexually explicit material and ...
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Eek--time to turn on the word verification in your blogger account!
(I'm just waiting for my haloscan acct to be hit by spammers. Jerks.)(Oops--just got down to the word verification part of the comment--you are way ahead of me!)
ANYWAY--I think your sin is atoneable (is that a word? lol). Washable sweaters are good, and most of can't afford to pay $50 to $100 (or more!) for nice wool every time we knit a sweater.
My Eris is about 1/3 (or maybe 1/2???) done--post pics once you get started!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home