k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Soccer Goodness and Random Thoughts.

As you can see from the photos below, I still haven't figured out how to get all of the photos into one post. C'est la vie. I meant to post these when soccer ended in May, but as you can see, I'm a Bad Mommy and just hadn't done it. It's now nearing the deadline for fall soccer, which I am still waffling on. I'm still not sure if Sean actually had a good time, or if he was just in it for the snacks.

I've not been real motivated lately, as the heat and humidity around here have been oppressive. Each day after taking Sean to daycare, I retreat to the cool, dank basement, where I read my email, do laundry, and work on my sewing project du'jour. Currently, it is more garb for Hubby's trip to Pennsic. He'll be there about 10 days, and needs about twice as many tunics. Luckily I don't have to replace all of them, but he does need more. As do I, but that will have to wait.

We're taking the boys to the Peru Circus on Saturday. This should be fun. Patrick has never seen a clown. We're going for the parade and the show. A little history: Peru, Indiana used to be the winter quarters for many circuses at the turn of the 20th century. The Peru Circus is comprised of kids between the ages of 6 and 21, all residents of Miami County, Indiana. Many of the kids who perform have gone onto Ringling Brothers or the Shrine Circus.

The minister who performed the marriages of myself and Hubby, my Brother and Sister-in-Law, and a couple of other friends, is going to be the honorary grand marshal for the parade. So we're taking all of the "grandkids" up to see "Grandpa Bob" in the parade. If we don't die from the heat, it should be great good fun.

So, as I've been reading other blogs, I've noticed that some people get nice gifty things, or they have secret pals. Can anyone tell me how to get in on this? Is there a secret, hush-hush handshake that I need to learn? Password? Decoder Ring? What I'm really saying here is that I'm feeling left out. Sigh. I need a life. Or a job. Or the winning 6 Powerball numbers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Hi! Two things that might help you out.

1. Blogger is now able to post photos directly into your entries. When you are in the "create post" window, the button next to the spell check will upload your photos directly from you computer. You can upload them, then go into the "Edit HTML" view and edit things so you can put your text around the photos.

2. There is a blogland thing called "Secret Pal *" where the * is the number of times they've done it (I think it's up to 5 now). If you google "Secret Pal 5" you get a bunch of sites. I'm sure one of them will lead you to the homepage for it. The next signup will probably be in the fall.

Hope that helps! And the heat and humidity are pretty awful here too...so I feel your pain! ;)

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home