k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I really haven't done much in the way of anything (besides work) for the past few days. For some reason the muse is taking a break. The weather around here has been really pretty, but on the chilly side for early May. It rained the majority of last week, and there were frost and freeze warnings all this week.

The living situation is getting a bit strained. DH and DS are fine, but the friend in the basement is driving us crazy. His lack of motivation for doing anything has infected all of us. The house is a pit, we're all tired and cranky, and frankly, all I want to do is sleep.

This weekend is the first in the "stay away from Speedway" series which will last until Memorial Day. For those of you who haven't guessed, it's time for Tom Carnegie to emote, "Annnnd, they're off!" The Indianapolis 500 and all of the out-of-towners that come with it is here again. In my 40 years of being a Hoosier, I have never attended the race, nor have I even entered the track area. I've driven past numerous times, looking at the gray skeletons that support the bleachers, the empty consession stands, and the yards that recover year after year from being parked on by race fans. During the month of May, I can hear the cars at the track from my home, some 5 miles away. Blimps of various and sundry colors are seen floating across the spring sky. Black and white checkered banners reading "Welcome Race Fans" begin popping up around town like so many yard sale signs. I do not see the facination with watching cars go around in a circle. I can remember listening to the race on the radio as a child as we drove to Cincinnati. It took us less time to drive there than it did for them to run the race.

Enough waxing nostalgic. Time to get laundry flipped (as usual) and think about bed. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll be sick tomorrow so I can get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home