k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Monday, April 18, 2005

And now for something completely different.

WaHoo! Another interesting yet completely useless survey!

Your Linguistic Profile:

65% General American English
10% Dixie
10% Upper Midwestern
10% Yankee
5% Midwestern



I do find the results kind of weird, since I've lived in Indiana all my life. Though, with relatives in West (by God) Virginia, I guess there is a reason for the 10% Dixie.

For those of you who haven't noticed, I've become part of a web-ring. I'm proud of myself, and have noticed that the hits are consistent, though a bit perplexed that nobody comments. Am I that boring???

This past Friday was Sean's first soccer practice. Imagine, if you will, a field full of 3 and 4 year olds, being cheered on by their parents to kick the every-lovin' out of a little ball, when for the majority of their short little lives they have been told to be careful. Sean is the brute squad on his "team" (and I use that term ever so loosely). I almost fell out laughing when I over heard another father on the "team" tell his son "See that kid? He's dribbling the ball! That's what you're supposed to do!" He was refering to Sean, who was doing the usual little kid thing of running after a ball and then kicking it before he can reach down and pick it up. The only thing that kid dribbles is chocolate milk down his chin. I felt sorry for the other little boy, as he was more interested in the playground than the soccer ball.

In knitting news, I have gotten to the increases on the 2nd side of the Good Bias shrug. I hope to be done with it soon. I also have a new toy coming hopefully tomorrow. Don't want to spoil the suprise, but I'll show you pictures as soon as I can.

Time to go upstairs. Despite the fact the weather has warmed up, the basement is still frickin' cold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Can't wait to see pics of your Bias. I'm really hoping to start mine soon! :)

By the way, great blog! Don't worry about people not commenting... you know they're reading right?! That's half the battle! :)

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

7:55 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

LOL at the soccer scene. We haven't started that one yet!
I also just finished the increases on the 2nd sleeve of my shrug...go! go! go! I'm curious, are you finding the angora to be really "drape-y"? I just bought some Andean silk from knitpicks to make a shrug for me (the 1st one is for my sister), but it's so much softer than the 1824 cotton that I'm not sure how well it will work. Hmm.
Am eager to see the new toy. A spindle? Spinning wheel? Do tell!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home