k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Monday, May 16, 2005

Here you go.

Photos of my shrug. Finally. And my best friend. I've created a knitting monster (insert evil laughter here).

Kim: "Why are you taking my picture?"
Me: "Because."
Kim: "Because why?"
Me: Because I want to immortalize you on my blog. It's about knitting."
Kim: "So."
Me: "And you get to take pictures of me."
Kim: "OK."

Kim was in town for a brief nap before she caught the 6:45 am flight to Philly and then to New Jersey for work. I think we quit talking about 11:30, so a nap was all she got. I was a good friend, and actually set my clock to 3:15 so I could wake her up. I then proceeded to go back to bed. She did get me back, she left the bathroom light on.

Kim hadn't knit since college, when an ex-boyfriend talked her into knitting a scarf. For those Dr. Who fans, it was THAT scarf. This is why he became an ex. She has watched me knit for as long as we've known each other, and finally decided to give it another try when her daughter asked to learn how to knit. She has taken back to it like a fish to water. Luckily her LYS is closer than I am (10 blocks compared to 1 1/2 hours) and it's a really nice one. If you're ever in Terre Haute, look up RiverWools on Wabash Avenue. Martha and her crew are friendly, and she carries lots of nice yarn.

On to the shrug. It's soft and warm, and I have absolutely nothing to wear it with. Though, I wish I'd had it at work today. Spent the morning freezing my a$$ off. I knit it on size 10.5 needles, and added a repeat of the lace pattern to make it wide enough to fit my zaftig form. It's probably too big at the wrists, and you don't see the scallops, but I like it.

You know, being a blogging novice, I haven't figured out how to get all the photos into one post. If you know, please let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

ohhh! I am way jealous! I wish i could knit. I've tried... doesnt work. But I love it.... its very cute!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Your shrug looks great! :)

As for getting the pictures into one post: if you go into the "edit html" view in blogger, copy and paste the picture code into a notepad document and then copy and paste it back into the html view of the main post where you want it, you'll have them all in one. Then you can delete the photo post. Hope that helps!

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great Beth!! I think you could wear it with just about anything. It's dressy and casual at the same time. You guys are inspiring me to want to make one.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home