k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Change for Change (or the 2008 Indianapolis Memory Walk)

My team page for the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk is up. My team name is The Wool Waulkers (what else?). Please take the time to donate your change to help us make a change for Alzheimer's patients and their families.

Help me out here, I need some money raising ideas. What kinds of things would you like to see that would cause you to donate?

There is an Alzheimer's group on Ravelry. There is some discussion in regards to people who once knit taking it up again as their short-term memories fade, but the long-term memories (like learning to knit as a child) start surfacing. The calming effect is wonderful.

BTW: I will have a drawing for a little bag of fibery goodness from the name of people who donate to the cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home