k1,*yo, k2tog*

About me, myself, and I and the hobbies I have, including, but not limited to knitting. Oh, yeah, and my family too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Native Hoosier who never escaped. Living with hubby and kid in a house packed with too many crafts. And this is a problem how?

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I hate my job

After 4 years, they have finally discovered what I've been trying to tell them all along: I'm not a bookkeeper, nor do I play one on TV.

I am a data entry person. I don't really care what happens to the data after it is entered. Making columns balance is not why I drag myself out of bed every morning. And they are just now figuring that out.

So, after 4 years of dedicated BS, I've got 30 days to get my act together, or find a new job. I'm thinking that the "find a new job" option looks pretty good. If only it were that easy. Hubby has been looking for a job for over a year now. He is officially past the point of being picky. I think he'll take anything.

So, in the meantime, I've actually been knitting (and you thought the title of this blog was just gibberish). I started the Rogue sweater for my niece. In a nice, not quite mint/not quite seafoam green. I'm just hoping that I have enough yarn. I dug deep into my stash this time, pulling out some yarn I purchased many moons ago with the intent of knitting something for myself. HA! The pattern is really quite fun to do, as right now I only have to really think about it when I get to the cable section under the arms. I believe I'm on row 18 or 19 of the first cable pattern. I'll let you know when I get to divide it for the armholes.

Knitting makes me forget about work. It sometimes also makes me forget about food, sleep, and laundry. Speaking of such things, I need to throw some laundry in the dryer before bed. Sigh. Oh, to win the lottery. Then I could blog and knit and not have to worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home